Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
There are a number of differnt accommodation options available to you:
There are 2 student residences on campus - Corrib Village and a new, 429-bedroom residence which is due to open in September 2018. These residences are University-owned and operated.
Due to open in September 2018, our new, state-of-the-art student residence is comprised of 429 en-suite bedrooms across 76 non-smoking apartments. There are 3 apartment types. Find out more here.
There are also 7 privately-owned student residences located off campus but within easy reach of the University.
Please click on the links below to find the most up to date status of bookings in Student Residences.
- Corrib Village
- New residence
Applications for the next academic year will open the week commencing February 19th and will remain open for a month closing on March 20th. After this close date, applications will be included in a computer-generated random allocation process and students will be e-mailed by early April to advise if their application was successful.
A €20 refundable deposit is required to complete the application and one application only per student is permissible.
Off-Campus - Parents and students should note that all off campus residences are privately owned and managed.
- Cúirt na Coiribe
- Gort na Coiribe
- The Student Village at Menlo Park Apartments
- Centrepoint Apartments
- Donegan Court
Private Sector Accommodation
Please check here to find accommodation in Houses/Apartments and Sharing with the Owner. We recommend that you do not pay a deposit for accommodation in the private sector prior to viewing it, meeting with the landlord and receiving the key to the property.
Temporary and Short Term Accommodation Sources
We advise students, particularly international students, to book temporary or short term accommodation for when they arrive in Ireland. This is because it gives you a chance to view various types of accommodation in person in the private sector prior to booking it. Below are various types options.
Bed and Breakfasts
Bed and breakfasts are also a useful accommodation type for the short term. You can find a list of bed and breakfasts in galway city here.
Other sources of Accommodation
- Find a roommate: http://ie.easyroommate.com/
- Let it
- Galway Advertiser
- Galway Independent
- Homestay; Homestays in Galway, Galway City, Ireland offer host family accommodation, ideal for all types of travel including students, interns, etc.
We recommend that you do not pay a deposit for accommodation advertised on these websites prior to viewing it, meeting with the landlord and receiving the key to the property.
Useful Tips for Sharing
- Be Clear from the Start, agree rotas for cleaning and agree guest policy.
- Ask before borrowing your housemate’s stuff
- Address issues while they are small
- Shared spaces are shared by all. Be respectful of this and don’t leave your stuff hanging around.
- Be friendly without expecting to be BFFs
- Be open to change, trying new things and meeting new people
- Treat your roommate in the way he/she would want to be treated = RESPECT!
- Download the OurHome app which helps you and your house mates manage tasks and events. Create shared grocery lists. Stay organized with less effort. The app is available for download for iOS, Android and Webapp.