The following are the NUI Galway entry requirements for students presenting the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- Points required vary from course to course but the minimum entry requirement is 28 points.
- A minimum of 6 subjects must be presented in total, with three at Higher Level and three at Subsidiary Level. Bonus points (1, 2, or 3) are awarded for an Extended Essay.
- Obligatory Subjects: English, Mathematics, plus a second language (each min. grade 4 – Subsidiary Level)
- Honours: Two subjects grade 4 at Higher Level and four subjects grade 4 at Subsidiary Level, to include English and another language plus specific programme requirements.
- Students will be ranked on the basis of their best six subjects from one sitting of the IB / Matriculation examination
- Combinations Competitive: Bonus points are not included in the calculation. Points for entry to NUI Galway are calculated by the following equation: total points (IB) less bonus / 42 x 600
- Please Note: If a course has a Mathematics requirement at Ordinary Level in the Irish Leaving Certificate, students must present Maths Methods. If a course has a Mathematics requirement at Higher Level students, must present Mathematics at Higher Level. Maths Studies satisfies matriculation requirements only.