Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a rang of key areas of expertise.
Business & Industry
Guiding Breakthrough Research at NUI Galway
We explore and facilitate commercial opportunities for the research community at NUI Galway, as well as facilitating industry partnership.
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
How To Apply
How To Apply
Study Abroad (Visiting Student) Applications
If you are currently enrolled at an overseas college or university and you wish to spend a semester or year at NUI Galway as a Visiting Student, you can apply through your home college’s Study Abroad office or through an approved study abroad programme provider.
All Visiting Student applications must be made on the official Visiting Student Application Form The following documents must also be submitted:
- most recent college transcript
- copy of birth certificate
- letter of reference from a staff member of the University/College you are attending or other person of standing who knows you personally
- the names of two academic referees to whom enquiries as to your academic standing may be addressed, if necessary
- a statement as to how your proposed course of study at NUI Galway ties in with your previous studies and with your future academic/career objectives.
- a passport size photograph
Closing Dates for Study Abroad Applications
The closing dates for receipt of applications from Visiting Students are:
- 30 April in the case of applications for admission for a full academic year or First Semester and
- 31 October in the case of applications for Second Semester.
Late applications may be considered, but only in special circumstances.
Each application is dealt with on its own merit and decisions on applications are normally made no later than May preceding the proposed date of entry or, in the case of Second Semester applications, no later than November preceding the proposed date of entry.
Undergraduate Applications (Non-EU Full Degree)
Undergraduate Applicants (non-EU)
Students applying for full undergraduate degree programmes from outside of the European Union (EU), and who are liable for full non-EU tuition fees, should apply directly to the International Affairs Office at NUI Galway.
Your application must include:
- The completed Non-EU Undergraduate Application Form 2015
- Original or certified copies of school transcripts/examination certificates (or forecast results if available). Where an applicant has not yet completed Secondary School (High School), the most recent transcript should be submitted.
- SAT and/or ACT scorecard (US Applicants). The NUI Galway SAT code is 5878. The NUI Galway ACT code is 5351.
- A copy of your Passport
- A Personal Statement (typed) of no more than 500 words outlining your academic interests, sporting and/or cultural interests and your reasons for wanting to study at NUI Galway. You may also include aspects of your academic career that are not necessarily reflected in your application.
- Two sealed Letters of Recommendation, ideally from a teacher and/guidance counsellor or someone who knows you personally.
- IELTS or TOEFL certificate, in the case of applicants whose first language is not English.
How to submit your application
Please submit your complete application by mail to:
International Affairs Office
National University of Ireland, Galway
7 Distillery Road
When to apply
Applications for entry September 2014 can be submitted from 1 November 2013. Decisions on applications are made on a rolling basis throughout the year, so you should apply as early as possible. Applicants can expect a decision usually within 4-6 weeks of submitting a complete application.
The final closing date for receipt of applications for entry in September 2015 is 26th June 2015.
There is no application fee for Non-EU Undergraduate Applications
Postgraduate Taught and Research Programmes
Postgraduate Applications Centre (PAC)
Most postgraduate applications (including Master's and PhD) are made online via the Postgraduate Applications Centre (PAC) at www.pac.ie/nuigalway.
- PAC open on 1 November each year, for applications for entry to following September.
- The online form is easy to use and you will be guided through the system step-by-step. Applicants indicate the PAC course code(s) for the programme(s) that they are interested in. These are indicated alongside the programme listings in the Postgraduate Prospectus and on the University website. Seewww.pac.ie for details.
- Applicants may (but are not obliged to) apply for three taught programmes OR three research programmes. Your courses do not need to be ranked in order of preference, as applications are assessed on a simultaneous basis.
- Supporting documents, including a personal statement, transcripts, CV etc., can be uploaded to your online PAC Application. Certain programmes may require additional documents. Research applications also have additional requirements, including a research proposal
Please ensure you include you PAC application number on all submitted documents.
- Postgraduate applications are reviewed on a rolling basis up until the course is filled. Please refer tohttp://www.nuigalway.ie/postgrad/assessmentdates/ for information on the offer round dates.
- When applying via PAC you do not have to pay an application fee (this applies to NON EU applicants only).
Please email or email@example.com with any application enquiries.