MA (Ethics, Culture, and Global Change)—
full-time and part-time
College of Arts, Social Sciences, & Celtic Studies
NQAI Level 8 at H2.2, with Philosophy or cognate subject, GPA 3.0 or equivalent international qualification. IELTS score of 6.5 or equivalent if applicable. An interview may be part of the selection process.
1 year, full-time
2 years, part-time
Next start date: This programme is not proceeding in 2013
ECTS weighting: 90
Average intake: 15
Closing date: This programme is not proceeding in 2013
Modules/coursework on offer include:
- Practical and Professional Ethics
- The Hermeneutics of Intercultural Communication
- Ethical and Political Concepts
- Research Methods
- Political Economy, Colonialism and Globalisation
- Literature and Colonialism
- Cinema and Colonialism
- Ethics and the Environment
Applications and selections
Who teaches this course?
- Dr. Richard Hull, B.Phil (Oxon), PhD (Keele)
- Mr. Joe Mahon, MA (NUI)
- Dr. Felix Ó Murchadha, BA (NUI), MA (NUI), D.Phil. (Wuppertal)
- Dr. Heike Schmidt-Felzmann, Dipl. Psych (Hamburg), MA (Hamburg), PhD (Marburg)
Requirements and assessment
Find out more
T +353 91 495 043
Graduates have found employment in community work, teaching, business, and the public service; some have gone on to further education at MA and PhD levels.
GYA06 (full-time) GYA66 (part-time)
Fees for this course
EU (Total): €6,015
- Student levy: €224
Non-EU (Total): €13,250
MA in Ethics, Culture and Global Change
"I chose the MA in Ethics, Culture and Global change because it places a strong emphasis on the practical as well as the theoretical side of studying ethics. This programme is already providing me with a solid foundation on which to build in relation to my own specific interests."
Download taught and research
"The Masters in Ethics, Culture and Global Change was a great experience for me. It gave me the chance to gain a deeper understanding of ethics, especially in a practical sense through the service learning component."