Choosing a course is one of the most important decisions you'll ever make! View our courses and see what our students and lecturers have to say about the courses you are interested in at the links below.
Each year more than 4,000 choose NUI Galway as their University of choice. Find out what life at NUI Galway is all about here.
About NUI Galway
About NUI Galway
Since 1845, NUI Galway has been sharing the highest quality teaching and research with Ireland and the world. Find out what makes our University so special – from our distinguished history to the latest news and campus developments.
Colleges & Schools
Colleges & Schools
NUI Galway has earned international recognition as a research-led university with a commitment to top quality teaching across a range of key areas of expertise.
- Business & Industry
- Alumni, Friends & Supporters
At NUI Galway, we believe that the best learning takes place when you apply what you learn in a real world context. That's why many of our courses include work placements or community projects.
NUI Galway is committed to playing a vital role in the local community. Our community activities are diverse and involve the entire university across the staff and student body.
ALIVE Student Volunteering Programme
ALIVE co-ordinates and develops student volunteering, and puts local charities and community groups in touch with NUI Galway students. Over 1,000 students and staff volunteer with over 120 organisations, charities and schools.
Volunteering at NUI Galway
The Access Programme activities are devised to advance the social, economic, educational and cultural needs of the Western region.
- Schools Programme: Access operates programmes in primary and secondary schools in Galway city to sensitise the students to third level education and to create positive experiences through various interactions with the student and the university.
- Third Level Education Opportunities: Access provides third level education for students who are unable to access it because of financial or social reasons. We effectively target the most disadvantaged in the region. We work with all schools to offer preparation for entry into our University, while remaining sensitive to the rural and Gaeltacht communities.
Science and Engineering Outreach
We have an international reputation for excellence in research, and make meaningful contributions regionally and internationally. Our network of dedicated science and engineering outreach programmes promote science and research at NUI Galway and offer education programmes. Programmes are offered throughout the region via schools, public exhibitions and festivals by Outreach officers at the:
- Environmental Change Institute (ECI)
- Regenerative Medicine Institute (REMEDI)
- National Centre for Biomedical Engineering Science (NCBES)
- Centre for Data Analytics (Insight)
- Applied Optics Research Group (AO)
Computers for the Community
Over the last six years NUI Galway has cleared, updated and donated hundreds of computers and office equipment to over 60 schools, organisations and charities.
The Youth Academy at NUI Galway works with 4th, 5th and 6th class high ability primary school students to support their learning and development. Students from across the West of Ireland attend specially designed courses at NUI Galway on Saturday mornings. The courses on offer are outside of the primary school curriculum which allows students to explore different areas of study in a fun and interactive way