Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA)
Postgraduate Diploma (PDip)(Management)
College of Business, Public Policy, & Law
The NUI Galway Executive MBA is AMBA accredited. AMBA accreditation is the global quality benchmark for MBA programmes. AMBA accreditation gives business schools international credibility and status. AMBA has accredited 200 MBA programmes in business schools in over 70 countries. The number of MBA qualifications available worldwide is now in the thousands, but only a small percentage of these have attained AMBA accreditation.
Shortlisted for national Postgraduate Course of the Year (Business) Award 2013
The Executive MBA ([EMBA] Master of Business Administration) is a general management programme which enhances and develops business and management capabilities and prepares students for strategic leadership roles. The programme places an emphasis on strategic decision making and develops practical and professional skills for success in increasingly complex environments.
The Executive MBA:
- Develops managerial knowledge and skills that have immediate applicability;
- Provides an opportunity to meet like-minded, ambitious executives from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences;
- Challenges participants to think differently;
- Has research-led teaching by key faculty with real world business experience and international research reputations;
- Has continuing personal and professional development tailored to each student with one-to-one coaching from top business leaders;
- Offers flexibility to tailor the programme to your requirements;
- Features small classes that allow for rich staff-student interaction.
Celebrating 40 years of MBA success
The J.E. Cairnes School of Business and Economics, NUI Galway is celebrating the 40th anniversary of its first MBA class (1972–1974). A Conference and Gala Dinner was held late-January 2013. http://www.nuigalway.ie/business-public-policy-law/cairnes/alumni/mba40/.
Entry is open to graduates who have at least three years of administrative or business experience. Applications from non-graduates who have a minimum of five years business or administrative experience may be considered for the PDip (Management), which is equivalent to the first year of the Executive MBA programme.
2 years, part-time (EMBA) | 1 year, part-time (PDip)
Next start date: September 2014
Average intake: 40
Closing date: Round 1 closing date of 28 March 2014
• Accounting for Managers
• Management and Organisation
• Economics and the Business Environment
• Business Information Systems
• Financial Management
• Human Resource Management
• Enterprise Architecture Management
• Markets & Marketing
• Company-based Interdisciplinary Consultancy Study
• Strategic Management
• Strategic Marketing
• Performance Management, Ethics and Governance
• Leadership & Change
Electives modules, offered at NUI Galway or University of Limerick, may include*:
• International Study Visit
• Business Negotiations
• International Management
• Strategic Sales Management
• Technology Management
• Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainable Enterprise
• Corporate and Commercial Law
• Strategic Human Resource Development
• Law and Policy Relating to Business Enterprise
• Information Systems Innovation
• Services Marketing
• Corporate Financial Management
• Innovation and Entrepreneurship
• Strategic Marketing
• Irish Economic Policy
*Electives offered are determined by the interest of students and availability of lecturing staff.
Applications and selections
Requirements and assessment
The Executive MBA represents a common factor in the careers of many successful managers in large multinational companies, SMEs, government agencies, NGOs, professional consultancies, and arts organisations.
Executive MBA graduates from NUI Galway are employed by leading organizations in both the private and public sector in a variety of different industries ranging from: Hewlett Packard, O2, Creganna-Tactx Medical, Boston Scientific, Medtronic, The City Bin Co., Hollister, AIB, Bank of Ireland, One Direct, VHI, Ernst and Young. Department of Education and Science, An Post, HSE, Marine Institute, Nokia Siemens, Thermo King, Bord Gáis, Hibernian.
Fees for this course
EU (Total): €13,850 p.a. 2014/15 (inclusive of Levy)
- Tuition: €13,626 p.a. 2014/15
- Student levy: €224 p.a. 2014/15